Sean Hannity compare Tea Party members with Tim McVeigh, huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lXBcROUAx4

I saw this posted on a friend's wall on FB and couldn't believe it. In this clip, Hannity seems to compare tea party members to Timothy McVeigh in a positive way. I looked online and saw several links to the story, but none from any mainstream newspapers or news channels. How is this not being reported on in the news! Or maybe it is and I just missed it.

lovemydivas

Asked by lovemydivas at 3:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I could compare it the same way, but not in a good manner.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• You obviously have no clue what the Tea Party is all about then, nightphoenix.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• NightPhoenix, perhaps googling the definition of the word: "tolerance" would do you some good?

Anonymous

• What I don't get is why is he comparing the Tea Party with Timothy McVeigh - and why is this not being reported on?
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 4:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I don't know why no one but the Daily Show has picked it up. Perhaps the media isn't as liberal as so many would like to think? But the only place I can find it is on those Youtube sites...and that's not exactly a verifiable source.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• He's just bummed his buddy Beck is being boycotted and dropped by sponsors left & right; hahaha
    Anonymous

• I tried to find the full clip but it wasn't on there. I suspect, as is typically done regardless of who the speaker is, it was taking out of context. The fact that the tea partiers applauded tells me there was more too it. There are non violent moment so a comparison to a domestic terrorist would not be applauded were it said in a serious light.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 4:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Wow, thats just so wrong....I'm a TEA party member and I'm totally offended. I'm also concerned over how many people HATE us. We have done nothing as a group but talk about the changes we want. How is that any different than anyother political group? A few smaller groups who call themselves tea partiers have done some bad things and wrong, but the group as a whole is not a bad thing. For those who don't know what the tea party is, its a group of americans who have been Taxed Enough Already. Havent a few of you been TEA?
    GothicMama

Answer by GothicMama at 5:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Huh. That sucks. Nobody should be compared to that piece of shit.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Timothy McVeigh was such a tool. I may not agree with Tea Partiers but dang McVeigh is a murder BIG TIME. Tea party folks are just expressing their displeasure as is their right to do so but McVeigh murdered men, women and children through a fraking cowardly act by blowing up a building. Tea people do nothing along that line at all.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2010