How much Tylenol?

I need to know how much tylenol to give my 8 month old. I called the doctors office but its close for lunch. I bought some but they only had childrens not infants...She just got shots today and is a little feverish....

lilangel_4206

Asked by lilangel_4206 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call a nurse line, you can find a number online or probably be connected if you call your local hospital. Make sure you let them know it's children's Tylenol and not infant.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_acetaminophen-dosage-chart_11886.bc
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 4:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• You are supposed to get infants tylenol.
    You need to ask the Dr wait til their lunch is over. It really depends on weight.
    My daughter is a big girl and she get up to the second line of the infants.
    Anonymous

• YOU NEED THE INFANTS ONE...DONT GIVE HER AANYTHING TO YOU TALK TO A DOCTOR.....CALL ANOTHER OFFICE THEY WILL GIVE YOU THAT INFO ON THE PHONE.....
    Anonymous

• Do NOT give an 8 month old children's tylenol. The infants is concentrated specifically for infants. We cannot tell you how much INFANTS Tylenol to give your 8 month old because we do not know what he weighs. I have the infant chart for Tylenol and Motrin doses by weight, but do not want to tell you the amount because I don't want you giving your baby children's tylenol.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• it's the same stuff, just a different concentration. childrens tylenol has a different ml/mg ratio. you're technically not supposed to because its just alot of volume for the baby to take in all at once adn they can choke on it. i wouldn't even bother w tylenol at all unless your baby has a fever from the shots. you should probably just try to find some infants tylenol, it'll save you alot of headache and math lol.
    marilyn623

Answer by marilyn623 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• the fever is normal, unless she is noticeably bothered by it you dont need tylenol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I hope by now you have figured out your dosage.... I would like to point out to all these ladies who misinformed you...
    that you CAN give childrens Tylenol it doesn't have to be infant tylenol... Tylenol IS Tyenol. The difference you will find is the dose that you give in ML's will be different... but the DOSE itself will be the same, the amount of milligrams you give.
    Unfortunately I can't help give you the correct dose without the weight of the baby but any pharmacy will be able to help you or doctors office... they will want to know your child's weight as well as the concentration of the medications... for example, infant drops Tyelnol are .8ml/80mg but childrens Tylenol is 2.5ml/80mg (so as you can see the DOSE is the same here, 80mg BUT the amount you give with Childrens Tylenol is more than double the amount)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Giving children's Tylenol is fine as long as it's the right dose. You would go by your babies weight. Here is a chart. http://www.tylenol.com/page.jhtml?id=tylenol/children/subchild.inc

With infants tylenol you give .4 for 6-11 lbs .8 for 12-17lbs, 1.2 for 18-23 lbs and 1.6 for 24-35 lbs.

With children's tylenol you give 1/4 tsp for 6-11lbs, 1/2 tsp for 12-17lbs, 3/4 tsp for 18-23lbs and 1 tsp for 24-35lbs.

The difference between the 2 is that infants is concentrated so that you have less to give the baby.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2010