I'm 33 weeks pregnant with my second child and feel like I'm already gorged with a full supply of colostrum and am leaking, they hurt so bad!

Is it a good idea to at least express some of the colostrum for relief? Or is that not a good idea to effect my milk supply when baby does come?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It DOES NOT effect the amount of milk when the baby comes. Your body knows the baby is not here yet. Do not pump cause it can cause preterm labor but taking a warm shower and expressing some with your hands will not harm anything. I have the same problem. I was a b cup before i got pregnant and now at 31 weeks im a full d cup and wake up everyday with a soaked shirt. My ob/gyn says its totally safe. No need to be in pain.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 8:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2010