I bought a new breast pump!

I just bought a new medela breast pump and am 33 weeks, I didn't buy one until later with my first child. Should I bring the pump with me to the hospital, or will that cause too much nipple confusion? I'm very concerned about breastfeeding, any tips or advice please!!!

kenzsmama

Asked by kenzsmama at 4:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm BFing my 3rd baby now and have never even owned an electric pump. I have a manual pump that I can use to relieve engorgement when it occurs and it works well enough to pump a bottle for the few occasions I'm out. BFing is super convenient. Your milk is always ready and always the right temperature. There is no need to ever pump unless you are going to work or be away from your baby often. Offering a bottle before 6 weeks can cause nipple confusion and can make it super hard to get your baby to latch on to the breast.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2010