Walking on his toes?

When my son first started walking he was walking on his toes..he has been walking for over 5 months now not on his toes and out of no where yesterday was? Was this just a discovery or should I be concerned...I haven't seen him doing it yet today. He is 15 months today

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son found out how fun it was to walk side ways and backwards before he TRULY mastered forwards!! It was funny to watch and he laughed at himself but I didnt worry about it and he eventually quit!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My daughter will be 2 in June and she does this sometimes too. I don't really think it is anything to be concerned about, just a new thing to do. If you are still really worry tho just ask ur doc at his next appointment.
    Anonymous

• I walk pretty much on my toes all of the time, lol. I find that it doesn't make as much noise as walking flat footed and it feels more natural to me for some reason, maybe because I wear heels 99% of the time... My DD walks on her toes sometimes too (16 months old) She also walks sideways, "moonwalks" backwards, and does this waddle type thing as if she were stepping through tires like football players, she also shuffles her feet on carpet when she walks. Kids are crazy/funny little beings, I wouldn't think its anything to worry about as long as he seems comfortable with it. ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 11:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2010