has anyone ever had an ovarian cyst and had to get surgery to remove it??

just want to know the details of what causes an ovarian cyst and whats recovery like after sugery. Thanks...

skin172

Asked by skin172 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Health

• yup! Sure have! It's so painful! Mine was the size of a grapfruit. They had to cut my belly like a c-section. Recovery was ok. I slept a lot from the pain meds though. lol When I was finally able to move around I got dizzy a lot and couldn't walk long and had to sit down.
    I don't know what causes them but i still get them a lot and even had some bust on me and THAT is just about as painful as the surgery itself!

mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 5:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Mine burst so I got to cancel surgery
    Anonymous

• I was told I had a small one right after my 2nd appointment, on the third appointment they ran blood work and I had some kinda of infection in my blood and urine. They put me on antibiotics. I haven't had another check up yet but I was wondering if mine had burst as well.
    Novimomof3

Answer by Novimomof3 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2010