a doctor can refuse to see people on medicaid, will they be able to refuse you on obama care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If the doctor has agreed to accept the insurance then they have to accept the patient. Not all doctors have to accept the Medicaid insurance.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• A private pratice Dr can refuse whatever ins he chooses. It's his business and he has the right to do that, tho I think it's wrong.......

zbee

Answer by zbee at 6:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• A doctor can refuse to take insurance at all if they choose - they have patients pay up front and the patient submits the bill to the insurance, then insurance sends the check to the patient. If insurance decides not to cover the claim, the patient eats the cost instead of the doctor.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• If a doctor doest PARTICIPATE with Medicaid, the patient would be seen as a cash patient, or the doctor can refuse. The only way a doctor is getting paid from insurance is if the PARTICIPATE.

We have a patient who has tri-care, we dont par, we bill tricare, they pay her. She doesnt pay us.. And she wonder why she has a bill...
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 6:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Doctors can refuse a patient simply by saying he is full regardless of insurance. Could be Medicaid, BCBS, Medicare or even Obamacare.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I was wondering the same thing. My doctor told me they recently stoppped taking medicaid, because otherwise she would need to take on more patients, and she is full. I appreciate that I can get a same day appointment for a sick visit. She is a single doctor practice. I assume that doctors can refuse to take any kind of insurance. There is a practice in my town that doesn't take any insurance at all, and works on cash rates only.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• ObamaCare IS a "glorified" (if you can call it that) EXTENSION of Medicare/Medicaid!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• There is no "Obamacare." It will all be private insurance. Pay attention! Drs can take or deny whoever they want.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• If they do, then it's obvious that they are only in their profession in order to make money.
    Anonymous

• Am I missing something? Won't people have private insurance and not gov't mandated insurance?

Also, I have no clue what inusrance you are talking about NP but I have never had to pay up front and then be reimbursed. I have had several surgeries and never paid a dime......not up front and not after my inusrance paid the expenses. I have yearly medical testing done, my husband and I have several dr. appt.s each a year and we never pay up front. For some dr. appts. we pay a co-pay but it's only $30 per appt..
    Anonymous