how can I stop him?contd

Thanks moms, your lashings snapped me out of stupor and galvanized me into action.please for goodness sake this is for real not a troll!This nightmare I'm sure will haunt me throughout my life time.
My dd and I moved to a shelter this morning and the cops picked the bastard. He confessed to the crime and told the cops that he normally add sleeping pills to her dinner or milk so that she would sleep throughout the act. He also admitted abusing his younger sisters, cousins when they were babies and some of the neighbor's kids that his mom usually babysits.
I'm worried cos my dd still loves him(she has no recollection of any sexual abuse) and wept as we were leaving the house this morning,she said that she wants to be with her dad not me.she's still sulking. His parents are threatening to wreck my life for exposing their son.
please, please no more bashing all I need is courage,advice and strength.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Thank God you got out.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I think the reason why so many thought this may have been a 'not real post' was because it was posted on April Fools day. That and no one likes to think of such a thing happening to a child. I think we were all hoping that it wasn't true.
    I am so glad that you got out of there. You did the right thing. It's so sad that his parents are acting this way...........

You were very strong to get your daughter out of there!
    Your daughter doesn't understand at this time what has happened,but you are giving her a chance to grow up away from this abuse.
    I admit I don't know much of what to say-
    best of luck to you.
    I for one would love to hear updates on how you and your daughter are doing- thank you so much for posting this and letting us know how you are!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• out of curiosity, I wonder about those friends that told you that you should just keep on living with your husband- what planet are they from?
    Anonymous

• This is why I don't 'just stay out of people's business' when it concerns kids. I'd much rather that someone get upset with me, the adult rather than risk a child continue being hurt because I didn't say anything.
    I know that it usually seems like it's probably 'no big deal' but what about the times when it IS a big deal?
    I don't want to be the one that looked the other way when I could have helped a child.

I'm glad that the girl is out of harms way and the molester is in the hands of the authorities- so hopefully he can't hurt any more kids.
    Anonymous

• Hallelujah your dd is safe! I was one of the ones last night who so desperatly wanted to hear an update!

I think people were just outraged that you seemed to be concerned about leaving your nice house and neighborhood, most people couldnt care less about that kind of stuff when their childs safety is at stake!

I dont think I could handle knowing what happened like this to my dd. My mind would melt from thinking about it too much.
    Anonymous

• I'd like to say something that I'm sure many won't like, but here it is-
    I think the mommy that made this post was in shock and didn't know what to do. Shock is a complicated thing and I think she did the best she could as fast as she could.
    Considering what she saw I think shock was obvious.
    but I think we can all agree that she did the right thing and got her daughter out of there fast, there are many women out there that wouldn't have even done that.
    I think this mommy deserves as much support as we can give.
    we all want the DD to be safe and happy- and I think she has a much better chance of that now.
    Best of luck!!! please keep us posted!
    Anonymous