how much use did you get out of your swing?

I found this adorable fisher price lil lamb dream swing, and have read that swings can really help soothe babies. Is it worth the $ if I already have the bouncer seat?

jaxsonsmomtracy

Asked by jaxsonsmomtracy at 5:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes! I have the fisher price aquarium swing. It allows baby to swing back and forth and side to side. My baby slept in it alot. I believe they are the best thing invented. I've never used the swing you are talking about, but fisher price is always good. If there is anything wrong with the swing at anytime, just call the 800 cust service number and they will send you new parts, no questions asked.

I should add that my son didn't like the swing until he was a couple months old and then he loved it until 6-7months old.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Yes, definitely worth the money.
    Anonymous

• craigslist
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• yep def worth the money
    Anonymous

• my baby loved his swing,i think it was worth it
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• A must have, I would not do with out one. All mine loved to swing.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I would do as staciandababy suggested & check craigslist, also yard sales. Our swing was about $70 & my little girl won't sit in for more than 2 minutes...so I wish we had looked elsewhere first.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Thanks guys! Do you feel the bouncer seat came in just as useful?
    jaxsonsmomtracy

Answer by jaxsonsmomtracy at 6:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• swing and bouncer equally good. look into portable swings for versatility, mine is great for me to take showers

http://www.target.com/Swings-Baby-Gear/b/ref=sc_pgc_r_7_0_3666461_1/186-4149327-9366835?ie=UTF8&node=1041926

i have the take along, easy to wash and use
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No way all 3 of my kids hated their bouncy seats and I had 4 different ones through the year, I now have the infant to toddler rocker and its ok it lays pretty flat so NB can sleep well and my older children can sit in it as well which is a plus- this is my fav. for bouncy seats.. I absolutely would buy the swing your talking about though! ( in fact I did.,.. I had an ocean wonders one for my older 2 children ( worth every penny!!) but I found an adorable pink one at a yard sale that I was told was new... so I sold my ocean wonders seat and kept the pink one ( a papasan by the way) well it was broken!! but my DD loved to just lay in it.. I finally caved and bought a new papasan swing ( the same style as the lamb just in the butterfly print) and it was worth every cent! Plus they retain value on ebay .. so you'll be able to sell it for around $100 when your done with it.. in fact my ocean wonders one sold for 110.

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 6:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2010