Does anyone hate the doctors office staff they are at but like the doctor and feel unsure if they should leave?

I am 3 months along and feel very conflicted. I have found a hospital that I want to deliver out of so I picked a doctor out of the phone book. I did do a look up and history on her and everything looked good. On my first appointment I realized that I did not feel comfortable in the office and the front office staff was rude. I met the doctor and really like her. I am super conflicted because I have had 3 appointments and the staff gets ruder and ruder. They even announced my insurance information to the whole lobby. I am starting to think I should just find a new doctor or go back to my old one in which I like but delivers out of another hospital.

Novimomof3

Asked by Novimomof3 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Health

• I had the same conflict loved the doctor but hated the staff that surrounded her.I ended up changing all my care because of this.You need to trust everyone involved in your care not just the doctor or it can affect you from money costs to what gets wrote in a chart to questions being answered and so on before it even gets to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Agree,with PP
    Anonymous

• I also changed my doctor over a rude office staff. He was my general practitioner. I told him I was leaving, and I told him why. I hear he has the same rude staff, and those are the main comments about his practice on-line. I found a new one, and I love him and his staff. Keep looking. You will find what fits you best.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I think you should look for a new doctor, call different doctors explain the situation and see if you could just come in and meet them and their staff wouldn't out having an appointment (or paying) than pick which office seems to work best for you, explain to your current doctor why you are leaving (not that it will help you) but maybe she'll get rid of some of the rude stuff and it will help her in the future.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Tell the doctor!! Really. Whenever there's an issue, I tell my doctor. Since he's awesome, he will do something about it. I actually had a complaint about another doctor in that office (there are 6), and he was very nice about it and even thanked me and said he knows it must not be an easy thing to do. I'd reccomend him, but chances are you live across the country. :) If you still have problems after discussing it with him, then find a new doctor.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 10:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• * her * sorry, I know you mentioned your doctor was a she.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 10:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I've had that happen. One time I stayed until we moved out of state. This last time I switched doctors because there were several nurses that made my blood boil every time. I had cholesterol of 208, and the doctor never mentioned diet and exercise as a first step. He had his nurse call and tell me that he wanted me to start on Zocor (a lipid-lowering medication). I told her that I cannot take that, because I am a married woman of childbearing age who does not use birth control (the drug causes birth defects). She got really snotty and acted like I was stupid, and said, "Zocor is a lipid-lowering agent, not birth control". I explained to her about it being teratogenic (which she should have known, because she got the same training I did as a nurse). She said, "oh". I got tired of having to go through her every time I wanted to see my doctor.

Maybe you could try telling the doctor about the problem first.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Thanks everyone I have a neighbor that has a doctor that delivers out of the hospital I want. She loves the staff and all but 1 of the 6 doctor group. I am going to set an appointment to meet her and switch if everything works out. When I call to switch my records I am going to call the doctor and let her know why I left. Thanks for all the great advice..
    Novimomof3

Answer by Novimomof3 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Well I did it. Today I went to a new office and sign over all my records. A much cleaner office and much nicer staff. Now the question is if I should call the old Doctor and let her know why I left?
    Novimomof3

Answer by Novimomof3 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2010