Do you have to know that you're pregnant before going to the Doctor?

After I missed my period I knew I was pregnant with my second Baby so I set up an appointment with my OB. When the receptionist check me in she asked me if I had missed my period to which I said yes. Then she asked if I had take the test and I said no.
She made a comment that the tests are sold on any pharmacy and she asked to explain why I didn't take the home pregnancy test.
I guess she didn't know that this was my second pregnancy and that sometimes a woman can now.

Anyway my question is. Does a women have to take a test before going to the Doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Say, well I guess I could go to a different doctors office and get the test there. That should shut her up.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• nah just go, say you think you are, and they will do a test to confirm
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• they will do a test to confirm

Exactly, I think that the receptionist attitude made me wonder. LOL???? op
    Anonymous

• haha no...just say you want a pregnancy test from the doc
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• They will test you there. No point in wasting the money for the home one right"?

I knew because of the ER, I hurt m yarm some how and they rana blood test came back positive. So I called my Dr said I am pregnant and they never asked if I had a test already
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• i say why pay twice. your gonna pay at the store for an at home test and your still gonna pay the doctor to test, so why not save some of the money if your pretty confident you are.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 7:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• i already knew, but thats b/c i didnt believe my instincts and tested several times out of fear & disbelief.

i figure if you arent sure, it would be cheaper to pay the $1 (at the dollar store) for the test than the doctor co-pay. but if you are sure (like you were) then why waste the money when you know you're gonna have to go in anyways? maybe she hasnt had a kid yet and figures that you cant possibly know until you take a test.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No you don't. If they ask why you didn't take one you say that's why I am here. To confirm that I am pregnant. That should shut them up.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I knew I was pregnant with my twins the day before my period was due! I took a test because I couldn't wait. Funny though because when I got pregnant with my other daughter, I was a few months along before it dawned on me that I might be pregnant. I guess that is the difference in a planned pregnancy and an unplanned one! Although didn't plan for twins! That was a huge surprise!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I would have said, "That's what I'm HERE for." with a steely look.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2010