My generation

Just heard the song... love that song.

Question - What was the hip cool look or piece of clothing that you wanted when you were in high school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wanted shirts that had bare shoulders - usually in black and worn with a colorful tanktop. It was an 80's/Madonna thing. Man, I can't believ I wanted to dress like Madonna!
    Anonymous

• 70's, Bell bottom pants

Answer by louise2 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• it was having the body to wear cute clothing period... I never felt I was skinny enough or had the right body to wear the cute clothes everyone else could wear ... (c/o 2002)
    so i stuck to basic jeans/t shirt. ADIDAS outfits.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Black leather jacket with fringe. Junior year was the best. Got the jacket, car, boots, black concert t-shirts, & was skinny as hell in tight ass jeans with studded belts. Cruizing the highway with my gal pals and going to parties.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I worked in a clothing store and wanted their ENTIRE punk collection. I still have a few pieces of it, just not the body to wear it. oh and Vans had some shoes called Upland Toners, that changed colors in the sun
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 8:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• red tab Levi's, a Bert's Surf Shop t-shirt, and Top Siders. The Bert's shirt is very NC beach, but that's what we all wore.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Oh, I graduated in 1977 if that helps with the generation I hail from.
    jesse123456