Am i really that bad??

me, my hubby and baby are planning on taking a 2 day trip in a couple of weeks. My mom and her bf are going, and I dont mind cuz they are actually fun. I dont want my brother in law and his gf, and my uncle and his 3 "kids" to go cuz they are so annoying. To me, its like if they want to go, let them go on their own whenever they just plan it. I just want to enjoy the weekend with my little family. I know my mom and bf wont stay with us, they will go drink somewhere so it'll be like their not there. But my husband doesnt like that I dont want other people with us, am i asking to just be alone for once? We always have people with us, and idk, i just get tired! what do yall think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• There is nothing wrong with wanted to relax. If your husband doesn't understand send him and baby with everyone and you go do something for yourself. Maybe if you are not there he will start to understand how annoying people can be.
    Anonymous

• I am the type of person who when we plan a vaction I prefer to do it with other people in our family ...but I can understnad your point of view, that many people are too many lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 8:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I agree with you. Hell I wouldn't even invite my mom. lol I get along with my family quite well, but vacation time is for DH and kids ONLY.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• if you have any interest in avoiding hurt feelings or family drama (if that is even possible) then I would have it be just your family and plan something with your mom and BF later. That way you can say it was just your household.

good luck!
    Anonymous

• I can see your point and don't think you're asking too much. I have a similar problem. I think vacation is for the parents and kids not everyone you're related to, especially if you see them a lot. We have not had a vacation at all yet that has been just us and none in the near future is in sight. They don't leave us alone the entire time we're on "vacation", they even try their best to keep us up most of the night. I am dreading the next time we have to do this.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your husband needs to have people around. I could be wrong, but it sounds like he doesn't want the secluded vacation that you want. I think a family vacation should be just the family. Period. For me that means my husband and our two kids. Not the whole kit and kaboodle that's related to us. I think it's important to get that alone time with just my little family. It brings us closer and it gives us a chance to bond without everyone else around.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2010