Ex issues....he's turning my son against me again!!!

Ok so my ex of 17 years has been in south Dakota for about the past six months.He has not bothered to even call the kids; our son 16 and our daughter 12, except maybe 3 times.Well, he came "home" last night and first thing today he picks my son up from practice and I guess on the way home starts bad mouthing me again...so he drops my son off (he's on his way to the bar where he spends most of his time) and my son walks in and he's all pissed and starts calling me names and tells me to "shut the fu#* up"! I am soo damn hurt and lost right now.I am unable to find work and dad has all the money right now....he leads my children to believe that I am no good because I am not working I HAVE PUT IN APPS EVERYWHERE....I AM A GOOD MOTHER.Both kids are doing great in school and I cook a great meal everynight....I am the one who is here for them when they need me. Any advice??

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• There is a thing called Parental Interference. He is doing it and needs to stop
    Anonymous

• I meant my husband went to the bar!
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I hate parents that do this. I can't believe after 17 years he is STILL going on about you! Sit your kids down and explain to them that there are two sides to EVERY story and his perceptions are just that. His perceptions are skewed by anger and whatever else his problems are.

Or we could knock him out and feed him to a woodchipper....!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• oppps I think I need to clarify again...we were together for 17 yrs. and have been seperated for about a year now.Sorry.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Ah well...he still needs to smarten the hell up. Tell your kids that they are smart enough to decide for themselves if they are going to believe what he is saying about you. They live with you they know the kind of person you are. Hopefully common sense and maturity will kick in but it may take time.
    Sorry you're going through this. It never ceases to amaze me what kind of damage people who used to love eachother can do once a relationship falls apart.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2010