Do you think it's ok for.....

a grandparent to give two of your children $75 for Christmas and give your other child $30?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no,that's just plain mean!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Guess what? Life isn't fair. So unless you want to tell them what they can and cannot do with their money, then you'll just have to live with it. Perhaps use it as an opportunity to talk to your kids about how life isn't always "even all around," if you know what I mean.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Well if the other child was a little one, who didn't know any better, I say yes. If all 3 children are at an age where they are perfectly aware of what each sibling got, then I say no.

I was the oldest, and my grandma always gave me more money for a while. When my brothers got older, we started getting the same amounts. Hey, you get some "older child" benefits. hehe

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• How old are the kids? Are the two that got the $75 older than the one who got the $30? Maybe they were thinking along those lines? But, aren't we well past Christmas now?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Op here~ I meant to post this under relationships because it's obviously not funny....Thank you TMJ I agree.
    Anonymous

• rude!! That is why we don't go to my husbands side of the family for Christmas. They would spend $300 easy on the other kids in the family but only a token $20 gift for our daughter. The oldest sister told us straight out that it is because our daughter is adopted and not really a "smith". At least she was honest, the rest are kind to our faces but still show that they feel the same way through their actions. We have cut them off entirely. And DD doesn't even mind and never asks about them. She is treated so well by my large family that it really is no loss.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Yeah, we have to know how old the kids are. I don't think any kid should get handed $75. That's a lot of money. My grandma still sent me a $5 check until I was 25.

What did the $30 kid do?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• It depends. Are the 2 that got $75 older than the one that got $30? Or is it that the 2 that got $75 are bio grandchildren and the one that got $30 isn't? If it is that the 2 are older I see no problem with it but if it's the bio thing I have a problem with it.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 8:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No absolutely not. But that seems to be the way of life. My in laws don't even call to see how our kids are.. let alone come and visit them. They only acknowledge the other ones! I think that is just horrible though... How can one favor a child?
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Op here~ Yes, our two children who received $100 are 11 and 12 years old and our child that received $30 is a year old. The thing is...the year before he gave the older two $100 each and the baby was a new born and did not get anything.

We thought the same thing that she was a new born and maybe that was why, but then this last year they got different amounts, and this is after my husband spoke with them and asked to please make sure that whatever they give it's the same for all the children. Obviously, went in one ear and out the other. It just feels hurtful that we would even have to mention this prior to Christmas and they did not respect how we felt. I don't care if they give the kids $5 just give them all that amount.
    Anonymous