Is this annoying to you?

When you are pregnant and have to spend the weekend watching people drink?

(I'm talking about my inlaws and the upcoming Holiday weekend)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't drink, so it didn't bother me that they were drinking. I just felt left out of the fun though. As if "She's pregnant, so we don't have to include her anymore." kind of feeling. Regardless if that was the intention or not, that's usually how I felt. Now that I have two kids it's different.. The hubbs and everyone has fun and I'm wrangling kids all night. Not cool, but that's usually how it happens. So I feel jipped either way.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I hated that when I was pregnant. Not to mention the baby's father was a horrible loser and drank all the time in front of me.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 8:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No, because I'm not much of a drinker anyway. The only time it annoyed me was when my mom was having a glass of red wine that looked and smelled delicious... and that must've been the pregnancy-nose talking, because i don't even like red wine!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I don't mind it, for I never drink anyway, pregnant or not. I just bought a bunch of beer for our Easter gathering. I'll be happy with my Snapple. :) If you enjoy a drink, I could imagine it would be hard to watch.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No, I don't really drink anyway so it wouldn't matter. My family doesn't drink either so people weren't really ever drinking around me while I was pregnant
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Yeah it did bother me. But I like to drink a few beers on the weekends with friends! We had bonfires every weekend practically, and I just sat back and watched them all! Now that I haven't been pregnant I finally drank for the first time in 7 months last night!
    Anonymous

• I'm not a big drinker, but occasionally I would really want a good drink while my hubby sits there downing his. I'm currently pregnant and will be when we go on our summer vacation with his side of the family. There is pretty much always a beer in hand during the week, so it'll be hard for me to see everyone else sipping on one while I have to stick with apple juice or whatever the heck I decide is comparable.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 9:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I didn't care. Drinking isn't that important to me. It was never that big of a deal. I don't get drunk.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• If everyone was getting drunk and that was pretty much their version of fun, yeah, that would be annoying. If everyone else is having a glass of wine or a couple beers with dinner, no, I wouldn't be bothered by that. I would get some sparkling cider or grape juice for myself.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No. I couldn't expect everyone to just stop what they like to do just because I couldn't do it. If it's really that hard to watch then you might have a drinking problem.
    sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2010