Repost - I don't think some of you understood my earlier question...

If you are on a FIRST DATE with a man, who you DO NOT KNOW and who DOES NOT ASK what you want for dinner or who Cancels your order so that he can pick what you eat... Would you end the date?

I'm not talking about a man who asked you what you want and order for you, but a man who decides what you want even if it isn't.

I posted a correction to the original question so that it made more sense but it was on the second page or posts and I think many missed it...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah, I wouldn't date anyone that orders for me.. Kinda controlling? Now if he knows what he's talking about and tells you about it before hand and you are in total agreement for it then that's okay!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• sounds to me like hes a dang control freak and i would have left him sitting at that table and tell him he could order a new date cause the one he was on was OVER!
    Anonymous

• lol, I hope that didn't happen to you, if it did I'm sorry that must have sucked!
    No, I don't think I would end the date at that point...I probably got all dressed up to go out and was hungry anyway, I would eat every scrap of my dinner and make sure I butt in and order an expensive bottle of wine,lol.
    There would more than likely not be a 2nd date though.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• "Cancels your order so that he can pick what you eat."
    if any guy went that far as to cancel my order so he can pick- forget it. I'm out of there.
    Anonymous

• I never end the date before I eat. If he ordered me something I would try, then that's great. If he ordered something I would never eat I'd excuse myself and tell the waiter privately to bring me something else. I wouldn't go out with him again though. (control freaks scare me)

Answer by admckenzie at 9:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I would be walking out right then if a guy did that to me. There are things that I won't eat or that I can't eat and I would be pissed if a guy just ordered my food like that. It's one thing to discuss it but a completely different thing to change what you ordered.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'd excuse myself to go to the bathroom and skedaddle out of there!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• There would probably be no second date, as for leaving right then, it depends on who drove, because if he drove, than I'd have to call for a ride and wait outside with the rude guy watching (awkward) so I would stay, if he drove and at least get a free meal out of it. If I drove it would depend on how rude he really was about it, if I were ordering and he said, "no you should really try this, it's absolutly the best" I would be annoyed but not enough to ditch him, which would be more rude. If the waiter came and he just blurted out some order without consulting with me about it, I would just tell the waiter/waitress my order after, his punishment would be looking rediculus when the waiter brought him two meals.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Really?!!?!?! I'm so sorry if this happened to you! On the other hand, it's a fun dating hell story for the girls!

I wouldn't have ended it...I maybe would have said something like "excuse me? did you really just do that and why?" "oh really, because I'm actually allergic to..." Like everyone else...There would be no second date and I would change is name to d-bag in my cell until he stopped calling.

What a d-bag!!!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'd say Ah, no, that's not what I want, I'll have.....!! If he has a problem with that there wouldn't be a 2nd date for sure!! Probably wouldn't be a 2nd date anyways.... sound like control issues & I won't be controlled!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2010