TMI

Okay so this is my second pregnancy. I have been having a lot of discharge. I keep thinking its my mucus plug because with my first when I lost my mucus plug I wiped and it felt the same as when you wipe and your on your period. Im only 35 weeks. Every time I look its just clear discharges it looks nothing like a mucus plug. So is this normal? I find out if Im dialated or ephased on the 7th.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• im pretty sure its normal.. im not a doc though!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 9:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Ya I think that's normal too but I don't know if I would wait to see the Dr on the 7th. It will at least put your mind at ease Mama :) Good luck and I hope you have an easy pain free labour when you do get to that point.

And don't panic if you do have to have your baby at 35 weeks. I had twins at 34 and they are bright eyed bouncy toddlers that are going to be 2 in July :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Could be completely normal. I have no idea about losing a mucus plug. This is my third pregnancy but I don't know when and if I ever lost mine. It could be a minor infections too. If it foul smelling or at all painful I would say infection.
    Anonymous

• It's normal. With both of my children I had heavy discharge. Which is gross by the way. It isn't related to your mucus plug either. Your mucus plug is a lot thicker and usually tinged with red or pink blood around the edges.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2010