How much do you tip the pizza delivery person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• About $3-$4
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• $5
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• it depends on how much i order. we usually try to round it up unless that's a very little number. But we never go lower than $3. I think one guy got $7 or $8 on 1 single pizza but the weather was horrible, he was super polite, and we got it in great time.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 9:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I dont tip the places that add the $2-5 dollars for delivery to your total other than that I tip $5.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I usually try to tip like $3-$4...now if the SO gets to the door before me ,the cheap succa makes the guy give him back his change even if its a nickle and the only tip he gives him is "drive safe",LOL
    It's so embarressing when he does that,lol.
    But he says its because of the delivery charge they tack onto the pizza, he feels like they already got thier tip included. I'm not so sure the delivery driver gets that money so I always tip.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• 20% Which is usually 5-6 dollars. Maybe more is it's really bad weather. People in food service usually only get paid minimum wage or less depending on your state, pay their own gas (which is the delivery charge) and drive hot food to your door. Don't be a cheap a**!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• my 2 sis work at a pizza joint. one is the general manager the other is just a manager, and the amount they tack on doesn't go to the driver at all. The pizza places owns their own cars and provide cars for the drivers to drive pizza. the extra pays for the gas, the insurance, and the repairs to the vehicles. none of it goes to the driver. If your not sure if the driver gets a portion, i would ask while order. Don't just assume the driver gets it. And their drivers don't even make minimum wage, they make waitress wages while is alot less than minimum wage because it's assumed that they get tips.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 9:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I never tip, but then again most think I am an asshole.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 9:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• LOL Then I hope you never order from the same place twice, because they know who the cheap people are and I guarantee you are getting a little something special on your pizza.

Anonymous

• LOL Then I hope you never order from the same place twice, because they know who the cheap people are and I guarantee you are getting a little something special on your pizza

-Well usually if they are delivering around here they tack on another 10$ for the driver. So that's plenty.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 9:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2010