My supervisior is very tempermental, does not talk to me , hardly speaks, or communicate with me. She is making it very hard for me to enjoy working there. She walks around with this serious attitude and talks to you in a very demeaning way. I have gone to upper management twice now and all they tell me is "that is just her way, she makes everyone mad." So basically I just have to grin and bare it. I know there is something that can be done. I need advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Bacically my question is do i have to just take her mess and let he bully my, one in upper management says she has a chip on her shoulder. I cannot afford to quit. That is not an option.
    Anonymous

• These days I would just be happy enough to have a job. Try killing her with kindness. :)
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• That sucks!!! Last time I had that problem I ended up demoting myself and switching to another department. I feel for ya!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Sounds like she needs the stick removed from her behind or maybe she needs to get laid,lol.
    Invite her out for a drink after work....maybe she will loosen up on a social level. Maybe she needs some friends.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I really believe this is starting to happen all over. Those of us who are lucky enough to have a job are stuck with supervisors and boss's who are getting lots of pressure from up above them to get us to perform better. Some days my supervisor is sitting at her desk chiming in on a conversation employees might be having while they work. Other days she is pounding around on a tirade telling us we have extra time to do more then our work load, that they have added to all of us twice now in less then a year. Its hard to go into work and prepare for the battle of the day. I have worked there 26 yrs and have had alot of different bosses. Keep your cool, try to stay above her fowl mood, who wants to converse with a sour puss like that anyway. Look to your fellow workers for support and keep grabbing that paycheck on Friday, cause thats what we are there for in the end anyway...:)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• If finding another job that pays as well is not an option, you may just have to develop a thicker skin. Your upper management has made it clear that they are not going to handle her, so you will have to learn how to ignore her. Try to stay pleasant no matter what her attitude is, because you are there for the cash not to make friends. See if you can transfer to another dept.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Sounds like you work at the peak n peek(my old job). Same thing happend to me at my old job I found a new job. I realize it's not easy to find a new job, you can keep complaning to upper management, but generally managment doesn't care a
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• GROW UP. You have a job. YOU ARE LUCKY. They CALL IT WORK FOR A REASON. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it is hard. DO your job to the best of your ability and GO HOME. Stop dwelling on what other people are thinking. And guess what. There are THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT WOULD LOVE TO BE ABUSED AT YOUR JOB AND GET PAID. SUCK IT UP.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Ok. I am sorry. I was very harsh. My opinion is based on the reality of life for many of us who have been unemployed for months and cannot find even a MacDonalds job. It is frustrating to hear you complain because you don't like how she treats you. Does she...treat you like...a bossy bossy person? Like she is in charge of you and will be the one who gets into trouble if you don't do your job? If you are interested read the book The One Minute Manager. It will give you some ideas on how to work with people. There are books on how to deal with troublesome managers. Good luck and I mean that.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 11:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Number one: don't take it personally; she is not someone you care about.

Number two: time to start your stealth job search.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2010