I can't get this weight off :(

28 days until I get married! I've been trying to loose weight since only god knows when. Ofcourse I've had no good results at all, and being as I only have 28 days I'm begining to freakout a little bit. Does anyone know any good tips for loosing weight? Over all I'd like to loose 20-30 pounds. Which isn't going to happen in 28 days, but I'd be happy with even just 10 pounds lost. Right now its like desperate times comes for desperate mesures, or whatever that saying is.

Mom_of_2_boyz87

Asked by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm sorry to say that only thing that has ever worked for me was a healthy diet and daily exercise. You may be able to lose 4 or 5 pounds if you start a daily exercise routine (30-60 mins of cardio). Go for walks/runs, or do some aerobics. Cut out the sugar. Sugar goes to your belly.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 10:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• DO ADKINS I LOST 15 POUNDS IN A MONTH ...EVEN IF YOU JUST DO IT FOR THE MONTH ...I DON'T RECOMMEND IT LONG TERM! GL
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Don't diet .. First of all.
    Just eat healthy and excersise. Cardio is what helps you to lose weight. Remember that muscle weighs more then fat, and you lose inches before you lose lbs. Your body also fluctuates between 2-4 lbs throughout the day, so weigh yourself at the same time everyday to get an accurate meassure. If you're not losing weight, then meassure yourself. You might've lost inches, but gained muscle which causes the number to remain the same on the scale.

Eat three healthy meals a day. One snack a day. No soda. You can eat anything you want, just in moderation. Even fruits and Veggies have lots of sugars in them, so eaten in excess can have the same weight gain as junk food in excess. Small portions, don't overfill your plate. Eat slowly, so your body has time to tell you it's full. It can take 20 minutes for your body to say "I'm full", so eating slowly can tell you before you bust your seams.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• And to add to what was said...don't do any drastic diet pills or anything like that. And remember that whether you lose a couple pounds or not your fiance will be waiting for you at the end of that aisle.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Don't diet. Diets don't last, and the weight always goes back on. Change your lifestyle. You can start by eating healthy. Lot's of fruits, vegetables, nuts, water, instead of packaged snacks. Oatmeal is really good for breakfast, because it fills you up and gives you energy. There are lots of great, healthy natural foods out there. You will start to feel really good if you make sure you eat healthy, because that's what healthy food does. Your energy will go up, and you will want to move around more, leading to losing weight naturally. You will begin to crave these healthy foods, instead of making yourself eat them. Try yoga. It's the best!!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Drink lots of water and eat lots of fiber. Also, get Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Doing her workouts daily and eating healthy, I have lost 8lbs over the past 2 months, but I'm only trying to lose another 5lbs, so the very last few are always the hardest to get rid of.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I lost 7 lbs in 11 days and 11 more pounds in the next 30 days (18 lbs total). I have kept it off for over 7 months now. I used a nutritional rebalancing program. Message me if you want more info.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 8:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• If you just need short-term results to fit into a dress, and look great on your day, you need to diet. Exercise isn't going to do much for you short term. I would do high protein, low carb, low calorie. Eat "clean" with no more than 600-800 calories per day, and 3-5 days before, go to liquids only.

If you have any health issues, don't do it, but if you are healthy, and have between 20-30 pounds to lose, this should get rid of at least 10, depending on what your eating habits are now. If you are in school, or have intellectually stimulating work, this may also not work for you. See how you feel after the first week.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• First of all I would like to know what you have been doing that hasnt worked.Going below your calories isnt smart either...it may work for a little while,but your body will go into starvation mode.Once you start eating regular the weight will come back.I suggest that you focus on getting healthier,start by making small changes and add in some working out.You need to figure out how much calories you need per day to lose weight,its true you need to eat to lose weight.I work out 5-6 days a week,I eat in moderation and drink plenty of water.Good luck.
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 7:49 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• You should try Zylene 1.1, it's an natural dietary supplement that aids in weight loss, gives you energy without containing caffeine, and is a natural mood enhancer. I lost 7 pounds my first week taking it and that was without changing my eating habits or exercising, which I don't recommend...it should be taken alongside healthy diet and exercise for maximum results. I love it! It just makes me feel good! And I don't have to worry about anything harmful because it is made with all natural ingredients.

You should check it out www.health4wealth.com/101567
    DFSNIKKI

Answer by DFSNIKKI at 11:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2010