what in your opinion is the best birth control?

besides of course abstinence... but I am loooking for something and dont know much about any of them... thanks

kaidenm2b

Asked by kaidenm2b at 10:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Health

• After my son, I had an IUD put in. (Mirena) I LOVE it. I dont have to worry about a pill, dont have to worry about a condom. Plus, I do not get a period! :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I am on Mirena, and it has done me well. Depends on when you want to have kids next. Mirena is good for 5 years plus, you only get a period once every great while.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I was on BC before my son for 6 yrs. If you can remember to take your pill its a great thing. It regualted my period. it was 28 days EXACTLY! :) I think it just dpends how long you wanna wait between kids. I knew It would be over a yr before my husband & I decided to try again- so I went with IUD.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• i am done with the kid department! haha.. hubby is getting a vasectomy but i also wanted back up protection... is there anything where you do NOT get a period?.... that would be nice... ha
    kaidenm2b

Answer by kaidenm2b at 10:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Being in Mirena for the last 6 months. All I get is a spot. Its basically enough to make my undies dirty & thats it.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Mirena!!!!!!!!!! Just remember to get the strings trimmed..they can poke SO's penis lol.(they arnt really STRINGS..more like wires..and its made my husband bleed :/ SO BYE BYE string lol buts its been a year and fantab
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I had the Paraguard placed 4 years ago. Never had any problems with it and never had a pregnancy scare. Best thing to do it talk to your doctor.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 11:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No sex
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• When you ask the "best" birth control, do you mean healthy-wise? I would not recommend anything that contains hormones. It will cause major disturbances in your body, including cancer (not now, but in the next 5-10 years). I suggest you read the book "Taking charge of your fertility". It costs under 2 bucks on Amazon. This book will present you the options and will help you make a decision and then teach you how to use the safest method out there: the natural birth control method.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 1:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Natural Family Planning + diaphragm.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2010