Help!!!

My 9 month old is running a fever of 102.8. He is acting normal but sleepy and a tad fussy but not bad. I've given him Tylenol. What else do I need to do? He started daycare 3 days ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably got a little bug going around. Let him sleep. If it doesn't go away then call his Dr about it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Let him sleep us much as he needs and if the temp dont go down by tomorrow call the dr
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I agree with the others, probably just a bug, keep giving the baby tylenol. I also use a cool wash cloth if that makes them to uncomfortable I wrap the wash cloth around my hand and then pat them with my cool hand. Make sure the baby stays hydrated VERY IMPORTANT!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Call your doctor. They'll probably want you to bring him in. Anything over 101 is a high-grade fever. Low grade fevers are usually less dangerous. Let him sleep, but keep an eye on him. Remember 104 or higher means go to the hospital.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 11:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• my doc says a fever is fine as long as it dont go above 104......just keep ur baby cool dont over bundle or put a heavy blanket on and take the temp when ever they get up or u change the diaper if needed give the tylenol every 4 hours.....it could be that they are teething have you looked in the mouth or rubed the gums to feel anything???.....if they dont seem sick but are fussy with a fever most likely they are teething
    Anonymous

• tell the daycare provider so they know about the fever. i do daycare and its very frustrating when children get dropped and are sick and we aren't told .
    axandra85

Answer by axandra85 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Yes, the recommendations is to definitely take him in if it's over 104. Below that, you be the judge. You can give him a tepid bath if he's really uncomfortable. Relax. The tylenol will take 20-30 minutes to kick in and he'll probably feel better, maybe knock out and sleep for awhile. like the PPs said, keep him well hydrated.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• OP here. I was just told that a fever virus is going around at daycare so that's probably what it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2010