can you please pray for my little brother (military)

my brother (20 in may) is about to deploy. can you please pray, send good vibes, or whatever you do for him. we are all very worried and he will be gone for a long time thank you <3

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just remember...No news is always good news!

Hugs!!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Hang in there. Our men and women are sacrificing their lives, but you who say "goodbye" to them are also making sacrifices, and I want to thank you for your bravery. If it makes you feel any better, my little brother just returned from his third deployment (including Iraq and Afghanistan). He was involved in direct combat, and he came home safe! I pray the same for your littl bro!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My little brother was the same age when he deployed to Iraq for a year - he turned 21 about a month after getting there. He saw a lot of horrible stuff, but it's been a few years and he's home safe. I'm not really a pray-er, but I sure hope it all goes well for him! It's not easy being the family at home - especially when you're the only family (my bro wasn't married or anything at the time, my kids & DH and our parents were all he had really while he was there). Take tons of pics to send him, have your kid(s) draw him pics, write lots of letters! Spend as much time with him as you can before he leaves too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• My dh is on his umpteenth tour in Iraq and probably headed to Afghanistan the next deployment. Send him lots of care packages and pictures. Email and write letters as much as possible. Don't get upset if he doesn't respond back as much as you do because they are pretty busy over there. Tell him I said "Thank you" for his service, he is doing such a noble thing for the whole country.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I will pray for him. I know what it feels like! I'm prior military (though luckily, I was never sent into a dangerous area), and my dh is still military - he's in the Navy (he's been deployed lots over the yrs, some on ships, some on land, some more safe than others...) Plus, my brother (who is a lot younger than me - he's 21) is in the Army and just deployed.

Add to that, our ds (17) wants to enlist in the Marines when he graduates.

I feel your pain and understand your worry, and I will DEFINITELY keep him - and all of our men and women in the military and their families - in my prayers!

HUGS to you!!!!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Prayers said and will continually be said!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Saying prayers! For you, for him, for your family.
    Load up flat-rate boxes from the post office - they're great. Send letters (even if you get to email), pictures, news articles and those guys don't mind the gossip magazines, haha. Yes, no news is good news. Don't worry if you hear from him 3 weeks in a row, and then don't hear anything.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2010