Toddler language...

My son says everything repetitively. Like, "Bite Bites" for food, or "Milk Milk" when he wants a cup of milk. Is this normal? He says full on sentences and knows please, and thanks you, your welcome and all that. But alot of the time, he is repetitive in saying alot of things. He is almost 2...so is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds normal to me. All three of my boys did it, my youngest is still doing it. In a few months he will stop. I would make sure you don't encourage it, by repeating things back to him. For example, when you little one wants a cup, but calls it a cupcup, do not repeat back here is your cupcup. Just call it by it's real name.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My son Max is 19 months and he does the same thing. ball ball car car and so on. I am pretty sure they just grow out of it. Pretty cute though.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• It's probably just a cute little quirk. My daughter says everything fairly correct (she's two soon) except for sock. She refuses to say sock, she says "Kahtee". It's a quirk. :)
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I don't know why I put this as anon. But thanks =]
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 12:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• My 2.5 year old just stopped calling coke 'coke coke' and milk 'milk milk'. It is normal. He doesn't get coke very often but me and my mom drink it.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 2:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• At least he is talking, my son is almots 2 and can hardly utter a word.
    Anonymous

• yeah my son is 2 an everything is repeitive, mama dada bobbob wowow..its just a toddler thing. hopefully they grow outive it. hes a really late talker, so the only words he knows is usually doubled.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Anon' - don't worry you just have a late bloomer. Try putting on the Disney channel in the morning for the little one. That's how my son started spitting out words left and right!

Everyone else, thanks a bunch!
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 6:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Thanks! I will try that then and see if it can help him some!
    Anonymous