Has anyone used the Kidco food mill (hand grinder)?

I'd like to give my baby fresh stuff, if possible, if I can find a good mill, otherwise I'll blend and freeze as some moms have suggested.

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 11:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you read the reviews on that on babiesrus? People say it's awful. I just boil fruits & veggies down and mash them with an immersion blender....super easy...and much cheaper...And as far as bananas go, why even bother using this? Use a spoon for something like bananas. Sheesh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I use mine all the time! Throw a banana in and turn the crank and you have breakfast!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Is it really nice and smooth? Like would it make steamed veggies super smooth?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I had a Happy Baby hand mill that I used when we were out.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Thanks anon.... I'll have to look up immersion blender and Happy Baby hand mill. Yeah, bananas are easy. It's the veggies that take a little more grinding.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• Hmmm.... it looks like the Happy Baby food mill is the same thing as the Kidco one I'm looking at. I really want something I can do small amounts of food in so I can do it fresh every time.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I have one, it's a bit of a pain to me personally but then again I throw almost ANYthing in there, it works though..but i prefered my little hand blender..until I left it behind at my cousin's place accidentally :(
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 12:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2010