How many different medications are you currently taking?

I just came across this shocking news. I am not taking anything right now nor did I usually take anything, but I was on 5 different medications after the birth of my first in the hospital (vicodin, motrin, stoll softener and blood pressure meds and zoloft). Long story. I was on NO medication after the birth of my second which took place outside of hospital.

If a Jumbo Jet crashed and killed 280 people everyday.. 365 days a year.. year after year.. would you be concerned about flying?? Would you question the Federal Aviation Administration? Would you demand answers?? Think about it .. close to 100,000 people dying every year from plane crashes. Sounds Ridiculous??!!
Well think again.. what if you were told that over 100,000 people are killed and over 2 million people maimed and disabled every year .. year after year from modern medicine.. would you believe it?? (continued here: http://www.drgrisanti.com/dangerous_medicine.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Health

• I'm taking one very necessary medication for my heart. If I don't take it I could have a heart attack. And I'm not even 30 :(. The joys of hereditary heart conditions that aren't discovered til later in life (my dad was 50, his aunt was around 65, etc).
    Anonymous

• None that were prescribed. I do take a multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin B complex, and cranberry extract.

After the births of my children, the only thing medication I was given was a stool softener and tylenol. And that was just for the first two to three days. Mine were all born in the hospital.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'm on 3 meds, blood pressure, cholesterol and an anti depressant. I'm still here. Maybe we should just stop making meds. Wonder how many people would die without thier meds.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Yes i do believe it. and No, i am not on any medication.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I know medications come with risks...I take them when I feel the risk of not taking them is greater than the risk of taking them.

For example. I have knee problems. I know taking anti-inflammatories can hurt my stomach. I also know that inflammation literally eats away at the joint itself...and that ice doesn't always work to get it down...Both outcomes stink, and I have to choose a balance of two risks to try to keep them both down as much as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I am on my bipolar medicine and that is all.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Right now just prenatals and antibiotics for reacurrent baldder and kidney infections.
    After baby is born I will be on an anitdepressant and bipolar meds
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I take an Ambien CR every night and fioricet as needed for headaches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• OTC bone supplement (calcium, D, magnesium, phosphorus) and OTC prenatals.
    I refused the stool softener and pain meds after my babies were born
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I take thyroid medicine. I have no thyroid so, it's a bit of a necessity. Without it I would not be unable to function.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2010