Having trouble drinking water...

I am currently 11 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second child and I seem to be having a lot of trouble drinking water, it's like it doesn't taste right to me or something and makes me queezy (sp?) to drink it, so I have to drink milk, iced tea, or 100% juice (something with flavor, no soda, I don't care too much for soda even when I'm not pregnant). I didn't have this problem with my son, who is now 2 1/2, I actually CRAVED water, I would go through a 24-pack of spring water in just 3 days... these are 16.9 oz bottles too, I also would take a bottle to work with me and refill it at the water fountain at my workplace, if I didn't have water, nothing else satisfied me, I didn't like the taste of our sink water (we had well) so I would have to go a day or night without any water until I could get to the grocery store....

So what's wrong with me now???

WeezySueWong

Asked by WeezySueWong at 12:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I sometimes get sick of water. Which I'm diong pretty good so far, but the tap water in my old town smelled like the lake and my water here smells like garlic...It's horrible! What I did with my last pregnancy:

Add lemon juice to water
    Buy powdered gatorade and ice tea and put just enough to get a flavor in water
    Make my husband get me a glass of water everytime he was in the kitchern
    Drank G2 (light gatorade, still not great for you, but half the sugar of regular)
    soda water, for some bubbles

Those seem to help me....good luck! I got through these phases too!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• flavor packets are best, i have a hard time drinking plain water not pregnant.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2010