Taking out Mirena

I currently have Mirena in but I've been reading things where women have said that it's been hard to conceive after taking it out....I don't want that. Have any of you had similar problems? How do you feel about the BC? Do you like it? Taking it out, did you get pregnant right away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on the mirena for 2 years before I had it taken out- I got pregnant the very next day. Seriously. I have heard that it can take a few months, but that was not the case for me. My second daughter is 5 weeks old and I am going to have the Mirena put in again at the end of the month.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I had it in for a year and a half. I liked it. I never really had any issues with it besides bleeding for like a month and a half after getting it in. I got it taken out in july to ttc baby #2. Well its 9 months later and still not pregnant. My doctor has run test and they are all normal so I don't know if it has anything to do with having mirena. Also doctors recommend you wait 2-3 months to ttc after getting it out. You have a higher risk of MC if you don't wait. GL.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 2:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2010