How to balance it all?

How do you as a Mother balance everything? children,paying bills,working, cleaning the house, sex life, working out???? I am overwhelmed sometimes.....I feel like everything is suffering. I feel like I can't think straight anymore! Vent/ help? suggestions? am I the only one? Ideas? anything would be helpful! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yoga once a week even at home.....
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Many on here would say that is your job, suck it up!

I on the other hand feel completely overwhelm 80% of the time and have no advice to offer you. Mom's on here tell you to budget money, buy groceries right, cook all meals, pack luches for everyone, work full time, do yoga, pay bills, do fun activities with your kids, please your husband, clean the house, and look good while doing so.

I barely tred water everyday and don't get half of that done! Oops! Forgot laundry up there! I keep making plans to get oranized, but I have stacks of bills piled on the table and baby just got his food all over a 10 ft radius of his highchair. I think just wing it the best you can, try to smile and don't compare yourself to super moms who can live without sleep! My best friend is a super mom and I could never be her, but my kid and marriage are just as happy, just not as clean and organized.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I agree with sunshine. Its perfectly normal to feel overwhelmed most of the time. A lot is expected out of us moms. And as long as your doing your best that's all that matters. My only advice for you would be (if its possible for you) get some who can keep the kids a couple hours at least one day a week. If you can manage that then you and your DH spend some alone time together even if you just stay at home and watch a movie together. Me and my DH try to do this every week and it has helped a lot. A couple hours of alone time without the kids can really make a difference. It takes a lot of stress off everyday life and even your marriage. I hope this helps you.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 2:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• There is no such thing as a supermom. It all looks great from the outside, but I guarantee there are days "supermom" feels the same as you do. I suggest to stop worrying so much about if you are the "perfect balance" of mom, maid, career girl, friend, lover etc. I say embrace yourself for who you are. Do the best u can to maintain your life. So you're not the "Stepford wife".. does it really affect your family? Is your husband upset because youre not perfect? Chances are you are being harder on yourself than anyone else. I say focus on the more important things. Never have I been to a funeral where the persons family was paying respects and saying "man, she was a great mom and good friend.. but i would have loved her more if she was better organized and her house was cleaner.. not to mention those 15lbs she needed to lose. " Take a deep breath honey, your human. Its good 4 people to see the chaos. it makes us feel normal ;)
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 10:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I am one of those that say it is your job, I love caring for my family so I do not see it as a burden and I have a wonderful family that will help out when I want them to, not sure what to tell you :)

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:54 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• LOL! See it's people like "lapcounter". . . All I hear is blah, blah, blah! No offense lapcounter. I am truely happy you are happy, and a great mom. But for a mom that feels overwhelmed, your sunshine and flowers are annoying! Some of us are not wired that way. Just like some people can't manage being a waitress, or accountant, or a social worker. Being everything is a hard job for some of us.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• sunshine58103 I did not bash her or anyone else, I was just stating my opinion honestly the way you replied to me makes it sound like you have bur under your saddle and that you are unhappy, I am sorry for that but I cannot help that only you can, my opinion is how I feel, it is a public board the last time I checked, have a great Easter weekend :)

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I happen to agree, suck it up!
    Anonymous

• I let a lot of the housework go. Sex can wait, too (not forever). I just do what MUST be done and try to do the other things as I can. I am not a Type A personality, though!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2010