Anyone doing a Vegan Easter??

Hi! This is my first Vegan Easter and I was wondering if anyone else was doing it also. I get a lot of disapproval for it, but I think to each there own. What are yall doing for it? I know I have boycotted MARS candy period..(my fiance' is vegetarian so the kids eat whatever we eat so it goes back and forth). I mean, they are getting some candy, it is just real limited. I want to try to find maybe fake eggs... or maybe "make" eggs somehow so they can still paint. Mainly I am looking for support ^_^ I am so excited about my new life style change.. it is wonderful!

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 2:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Holidays

• What about some wooden eggs they could paint? A friend's mom used to do that, although she did those really beautiful russian type ones.
    One year for my DS we did a basket with just different types of dried fruit. The store we went to had a bulk section and they even had fruit flavored yogurt covered raisins. He loved it!! Although I think he was 3 that year, he never missed the candy cuz it wasn't something we let him have much anyway.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I have friends who do a vegan Passover; now THAT is a challenge!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• vegan meal but the child still gets sugar? now that's interesting
    Anonymous

• vegan isn't sugar-free anon
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• It's a little late, but micheal's craft stores have eggs that you can paint. If it closed, you can make paper-mache eggs with newspaper, glue and balloons.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Yes, sugar is my only irritating point. everything has sugar in it... we buy only granulated sugar... but we dont know which kind of sugar anything else has.. sugar not from beets is colorized and processed with something called bone charring... my only failur point it feels like..
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2010