Want to knowWhat the Bible Says - And Doesn't Say - About Homosexuality Find out in this book by Rev. Mel White, Rev. and studier of the Scriptures. His thoughts and finding will suprise you. Any gay rights activists will find this beneficial. ( In a good way for you I promise.)

Now what does the creation story say about homosexuality? Because the text says it is "natural" that a man and a woman come together to create a new life, some people think this means gay or lesbian couples are "unnatural." They read this interpretation into the text, even though the text is silent about all kinds of relationships that don't lead to having children:

* couples who are unable to have children
* couples who are too old to have children
* Anti-gay protestcouples who choose not to have children
* people who are single

Although the word homosexual was not used for the first time until later in the 19th century, Ulrichs recognized that homosexuals had been around from the beginning of recorded time, that we were "innately different from heterosexuals," and that our desire for same-sex intimacy and affiliation is intrinsic, natural, inborn and/or shaped in earliest infancy. According to Dr. Ulrichs,

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 6:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wise man the reverend!

Answer by older at 1:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• what may have looked "unnatural" to Moses and Paul was in fact "natural" to homosexuals.

Read full story here!

http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I do believe there is a part in Lev. that states a man shall not lie with another man as he would lie with a woman, and that's where a lot of the anti-gay fuel comes from. Not saying I agree with that by any means, but I seem to recall reading something along those lines.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• why would I care what this REV says?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I know what Bible says about it, because I have read it. God said that it is abomination for man to lie with another man, women with women, human and beast. No "Reverend" can spin what the Bible speaks clearly.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I enjoy Rev. Dr. Walter Wink's "Homosexuality and the Bible".

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Kelley I thoroughly enjoyed reading the article in your link, thanks for passing it on!

Answer by older at 4:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• :

* Koukla12905

This book covers all of those scriptures that speak about anything that may be taken as a condemnation. It also shows you they have nothing to do with what they seem. Just read the story trust me it's worth it.

I know what Bible says about it, because I have read it. God said that it is abomination for man to lie with another man, women with women, human and beast. No "Reverend" can spin what the Bible speaks clearly.

It's not spinning it he shows how in history this reference was quite a bit diff. and had nothing to do with SEX. He use his grand knowledge and studies of the scripture mixed with historical knowledge and disproved what we think this Scriptures meant vs. what they truly meant.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• If you want to know what the Bible says about homosexuality, read the Bible.
    Anonymous

I have and I have studied it. Just reading it does nothing if you do not understand it or the times it was written in. He helps you understand all these things!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2010