What do you think of this study of HELL? Is it FACT or FICTION?

I was studying certain things in the bible and I stumbled across this study of HELL. I would like your unbiased opinions about if the facts make sense. It has a lot of science in it which is not my strong point I can admit. Then of course say your personal feeling on whether such a place exists I can't ask you to leave that part out. Thanks in advance.

http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 6:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Pretty good literature, a little scary though, I kept that stuff away from my children, now they read lots of other stuff.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I stopped reading it at the point where it said Christ went to this fictional place called "Hell". He descended into the grave. His body was not left in "the grave". Hell as it is used as a scare tactic is borrowed from Greek and Roman mythology. If you read Rev. 20:14 (using Strong's) you'll see that the same "Hell" the Lord descended to will cast into the "lake of fire". So the place called Hell will be cast into itself?
    The purpose of "Hell fire" will be to eradicate sin, to burn away the curse. The fires will go out, as they will be "on the breadth of the Earth". (Revelation 20:9) There won't be a "coal to warm at nor a fire to " ( Isaiah 47:14) The purpose is to pay the wages to the spiritual beings who rebelled against God. The wages of sin is death, not eternal life in a place other than Heaven. This world will burn and anything that is touched by the curse and not covered by the Blood of Christ, will burn with it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I only had time for a brief look but from what I can tell the only thing they backed scientifically is that under the crust the Earth is a hot place and hell is described as hot. There is absolutely NOTHING to suggest that anyone does or can go there after their death. The suggestions that because a patient believed himself to be in hell during his near death experience and that people have heard what they interpreted as the screams of men in volcanoes is proof of hell makes no logical sense. In my opinion neither does the concept of judgement and eternal reward or punishment based on what are actually man-made social laws.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• nonsense
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• That is the fallacy referred to as an invalid appeal to authority. Using scientific facts to bolster an idea when the facts do not actually relate to the issue at hand is simply trying to get around the problem of science making it difficult to prove spiritual ideas. It is meant to impress people into believing that a belief purely based on faith is valid because science backs it up, which it doesn't. It is rather like arguing that we understand DNA so obviously God was physically the father of Jesus. Citing idea A as true does not make idea B true based on the authority of science. It is a dirty trick and it is all the worse because the person putting forth the argument is almost always completely aware of that s/he is preforming a kind of sleight of hand.

Anonymous

• I believe in HEAVEN and HELL,as a child-HELL was a place you go to when your a bad person,Grown now, I see a HELL on /Earth with so much Evil--PEOPLE AND PLACES. I think it exist right here and now
    Anonymous

• Hell = FICTION
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2010