Have you ever used Mystic Tanning Booth? How do you like it?

Before I had kids I used to tan maybe twice a month (I had the extra cash and the body for it)

After having kids I just pretty much stopped, but now that they are a little older I am trying to put a little more effort into my appearence again.

Thing is, I used to only use tanning beds (or natural sun) but cancer runs in my family (both sides of my family) and my grandmother is constantly having little skin cancers removed so I've made SPF my new best friend and I never plan on using a tanning bed again.

Have any of you ever used the Mystic Tan? How do you like it? I really don't want to come out looking like a Jersey Shore Cast Member or orangy....do any of you have any tips before I actually use it? And how much did it cost? Thanks!

BTW- For the past few months I've been using the new Jergens Tanning Lotion, dk what it's called but it hasn't really helped so this is why I'm considering the Mystic Booth instead.

guam_mama

Asked by guam_mama at 7:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I tried it. I am naturally VERY fair. The color was okay, but I had a hard time getting it even. I tried it twice, but was embarrassed about the splotchiness.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Pale is in...tanned is not. Don't waste your money.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• i used to do it all the time because my SIL worked at a tanning place, and i loved the way they turned out. make sure you exfoliate, shave and all that stuff before you go in, and don't use any moisturizers the day of going in. the first few times i went i was a little blotchy near my ankles because i wasn't sure how to dry off properly, just make sure you put the cream on your feet, hands and nails! i know you don't like the tanning booths, but if you spray tan and then hop in one for around 5 minutes, it sets the color really well. i'm super pale and my tans aways came out natural looking.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2010