Should I take the money?

My boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me, he stopped loving me. We live together and 9 months ago we moved into a house he bought. I paid the downpayment $1000, movers, and my family provided all the labor besides us and a plumber and roofer. He later got his $8000 and paid my $1800 credit card debt. He paid most of bills and I did most of the housework. I make okay money, if I were by myself I'd make it easily. Then add daycare and other expenses related, CS is incredibly low and unreliable, things will be tough. My boyfriend knows this, he offered to give me $500 to help me move. I don't want to take it, but it's foolish pride. Everyone is saying he owes me that cause the value of the house I found him and helped him get and fix up has gone up probably $20k, but I still feel bad. He's done a lot for us and I still love him. I also don't want him to think badly of me if I take it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd say thanks and take it. It sounds like you guys are civil to each other even though you are breaking up. Take the money, it's his house so why would you want to live in it? I say it's time to move on.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Take it and smile....you deserve it.Why only $500? I think you should get moving costs plus.JMO
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:09 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I agree w/ the advice. Take the money. He is trying to end things on a good note. Thanks really mature of him. Thank him and move on, don't let your pride get in the way.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• If you don't take it then you are cheating him out of a blessing. Take the money and say Thank you

Answer by admckenzie at 10:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• sounds to me like even though he doesnt love you anymore he still cares, i dont think there would be anything wrong with taking the money, would you rathr he just say get the f out of my house and not help you do so?
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• take it. be gracious about it, i think he still cares.

Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Take it and say thank you. Don't let pride get in the way when you have a child to support. You'll need all the help you can get and if it's offered and not to pay back, accept it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Take it. It'll make things that much easier on your wallet.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2010