Is this normal?

I watch a almost 3 year old and he puts his hands in his pants all day long he will come with his hands in his pants and keep it there when he does everything....so i have tried to make him stop but time his parents come get him his hand goes right back in there...I even but on a one piece outfit and he unzips it so he can put his hand in his pants...i have asked the mom if they say or do anything to him and she just laughs and says he gets it from his dad (Gross) I was just wondering if this is normal or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All of my boys did that. Whenever we seen them with their hands down their pants we told them to take it out because you don't do that in front of other people. They have since stopped walking around the house like that.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• It is a habit the parents need to stop. I hate to think of dad acting like that but either way, they need to make him understand that is not okay behavior. You probably can't stop it if the parents do work w/ you but I would keep trying.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Our boys never did that and if they had I would have taught them to stop. I don't care so much about it looking weird, it's the fact that it's so germy.. Yuck.

Maybe offer him a treat if he can go all day without doing it...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Yeah, it's normal, but he has to be taught to not do that all day. Making him wash his hands every time they come out of his pants will help deter him. "Wash your hands, they smell like your wiener (or whatever word is being used)."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• my son does this..hes 4 not all day but a few times a day i see him with his hands down his pants, i say let it go, get ur hands out of there and lets go wash them. ( hands ) the more time goes on the better hes getting. but the parents also need to do this when there at home otherwise all u do during the day is wasted. most he will learn is around u not to do it. ( which is good for u lol ) but the parents need to pitch in..to help..but for boys its normal best of luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Yeah normal. Once they discover that it feels good it's like they are obsessed with it. Ask his parents to sit him down and explain that what he's doing isn't bad but it also is something that he should only do that when he is alone because it isn't polite to do in front of other people.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2010