the easter egg hunt....

ya once again this yr my dd was not invited to the easter egg party or hunt down the end of the street. mind you my dd had been playing with these girls all afternoon...she was the only one in the neighborhood not invited....i cant deal with this any more...its not about me its about my daughter..she is having enough problems these days....dont know what to do?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Talk to the parents! Otherwise I would go to a different Easter egg hunt or do your own one!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't even bother talking to the parents...if they don't want her there why even try to talk them into it....I'd take her to another Easter Egg hunt somewhere else. I'm actually having a small one in our backyard for my kids.
    guam_mama

Answer by guam_mama at 9:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Host your own PRIVATE hunt!

Both of my boys have Autism and attend an elementary school in a different school district (because they have a better support program than my district), and as a result they do not know the neighborhood kids, and, quite honestly I could care less! I do what I need to do for my children. And so, I set up a very nice Easter Day egg hunt and party for MY boys ONLY! We have tons of fun, and they are happy--that's all that really matters!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Our city has one at four different locations (all the same day/same time - you can only pick one location LOL) every year. We went this morning. They have tons of stuff just thrown out on the grass, different areas for different age groups, and when they say go it's just a mad dash for everything. DS loves it, and it requires nothing more than driving down there for 45 mins or so (we get there early.) He'll also have an indoor (or outdoor - haven't decided yet) egg hunt tomorrow as well.
    Anonymous

• Aww that isn't very nice of them :( People can be so cruel. I would take her to a public easter egg hunt if there is one nearby for kids or make a big deal and do a special one at your house.

I wonder what their problem is with her if it's ok for her to play with their kids but not good enough to be invited to that..?

They are mean people. And mean people SUCK.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2010

• yup you right MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!THERE IS NO PUBLIC EASTER EGG HUUNT IN MY TOWN,,, THERE DOWN THERE RIGHT NOW HAVING ANOTHER...wtf.....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2010

• I would definitely want to ask the parents of the other girls what the problem is. If your daughter is ok to play with but is going to continue to be alienated for special events, I would encourage her to find other friends and not let her hang out at their house anymore.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2010