My child came in my room while me and my hubby (andrew) were having sex. Now my child keeps asking what we were doing and other questions. what shall i say?

Please help!!!!!!!!

mommysarah862

Asked by mommysarah862 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• thell your kid the truth... you don;t want to hide this kind of stuff. sounds like a really good opening to a "beginner's sex talk"... it doesn't have to be charted and specific. this will help open the lines of communication later on, when your child has more questions. we WANT them to come to us with their questions... if you answer honestly and without sounding like it's something bad to talk about, the kid will keep coming back.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Say things that only mommy and daddies do and leave it at that.
    guam_mama

Answer by guam_mama at 8:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• That was very irresponsible of both of you. When adults are in their room "together" the doors should be locked and children should be asleep. It's your mess... have fun!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• @anon8:52... it happens. lol. it's not like they were doing drugs or anything illegal... it's sex... it's life. kids'll know about it soon enough. lol.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Gah anon woke up on the wrong side of the bed! It friggin happens! Not all bedroom doors have locks anyway! And not everyone does it in the bedroom everytime...
    I agree with gracefulsky. Be honest and tell him that you guys love each other very very much and its something only grownups should do!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Well I am guessing he is 3 or 4 based on the place it was posted and I am thinking not ready for the sex talk. lol. Anyway. Just tell him you were doing grown up things and talk about the importance of knocking on doors.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• "Special Mommy and Daddy love for only mommies and daddies." That's what I was told as a kid. I turned out fine.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Personally if my mom told me the truth as a child I wouldn't want to know. Somethings are best kept private until the child is grown and can fully understand. Really would you want to know your parents doing the nasty. :-0 lol

Lock your door.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• depends on how old he is.. dad & I were wrestling if young child under 8 .. if older have the talk this is what moms/dads do to show they love each other.. PS. lock your door
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I would just say that you and daddy were having special alone time that only mommies and daddies have and ask him to knock on the door next time before he comes in. At 3 or 4, he is much too young to know about sex or the idea of it. Plus, you don't know what he could go repeating to other kids who's parent's might not want their children knowing anything about sex either. It could open up a whole can of worms for another family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2010