questions about Cradle Cap Care by gentle naturals?

I just bought the cradle cap care made my gentle naturals with the picture of pooh and i cant figure out how its supposed to be used? Do u leave it on and put on like lotion or do u use while in bath tub and wash off immediately after applying.

Casteel_chick

Asked by Casteel_chick at 9:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• According to the product website, here is the product labeling:
    Directions:
    Shake well. Apply a small amount to affected areas, avoiding the eye area, and gently message into baby’s scalp as needed. Loosen the scales with a soft brush or comb. Shampoo as usual.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I know but it just says shampoo as usual but do u apply during bath or do u apply as lotion?
    Casteel_chick

Answer by Casteel_chick at 10:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I was able to get rid of cap without any special lotion. When my son was in the bath I just put extra shampoo on his head and took the fuzzy brush and rubbed kinda hard to loosen them and then take the comb that came in the baby kit & scrapped them out. My son didnt mind it. & it worked like a champ!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• All you really need to do is use Baby Oil (mineral oil), and a baby brush/comb. Massage a sufficient amount of baby oil into the scalp, and leave it in until baby's next bath--gently brush out the dry flakes as needed--and keep using a mild baby shampoo and adding the baby oil AFTER each bath (like a lotion). It will eventually go away.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Since it doesn't say, I would assume that you put it on a dry scalp (like lotion), massage into the scalp, remove the scales with a brush or comb, and then use a gentle, baby shampoo afterward with a light, leave-in conditioner.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I used a tiny bit of dandruff shampoo and that took care of cradle cap with my kiddos. The Gentle Naturals stuff didn't work very well for them.
    Craftymomof3

Answer by Craftymomof3 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• i dont encourage this but i glob vaseline on baby's scalp after washing & brush/comb out scales. i dont have much $ but it works. =(
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• There is no need to use petroleum (vaseline) or mineral oil (byproduct of petrolrum/gas) on anyone's skin. Coconut oil works great. So does olive oil, shea butter and cocoa butter. Massage with a soft baby brush. You also won't need to wash natural oils off with shampoo or soap which can be irritating.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• we used olive oil and a comb

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2010