Wen Hair Care - Has anyone tried it?

What did you think? Is it worth the price?

mom2threets

Asked by mom2threets at 10:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• No, and I really want to. I haven't found anything that controls my hair. But I keep asking this, and haven't gotten any replys...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Wen is not a wonder
    Wen cleansing conditioners do have a couple of drawbacks. First, they are way too expensive for what you get. Based on the list of ingredients, they are not much different than Pantene Conditioner. You could save yourself a lot of money by using Pantene the same way you would use Wen.

A Better Option
    Unfortunately, neither Wen nor Pantene are your best choices for this type of product. Better (and less expensive) are Suave Conditioner or VO5 Conditioner. These are superior because the can clean your hair much better than Wen or Pantene. They use either Cetrimonium Chloride or Stearalkonium Chloride which are better cleansers. They also aren’t loaded with silicones which can make hair feel dirty if not proceeded by a shampoo step.

(cont)
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Beauty Brains bottom line
    Eliminating shampooing and cleaning hair with conditioner only is a dramatic change from what you are used to. For many people, you won’t like how it feels. But for some (particularly those with long, curly or colored hair) you may love the way your hair feels. It will take a week or two to get used to but you might find it’s worth it.

http://thebeautybrains.com/2008/12/15/is-wen-conditioner-a-wonder/
    desert_diva

• Pantene Seriously? Yuck Maybe it's just me but that stuff does nothing for my hair except make me look like a dried out poof ball. And for the Wen Products I personally haven't tried the brand but I have tried a product that is like it from Sally's Beauty Supply interesting but wasn't for me But one product I do love is Morocan Oil Shampoo/Cond and the oil and frizz cream awesome stuff smells nice and keeps my hair clean and frizz free plus it's not loaded with chemicals kinda hard to find in salons but worth looking into.
    Anonymous

• I have been using Sally's beauty supply's version on WEN for a while now It is called hair one... It is 11 dollars a bottle, and I really like it.. It is worth the price if you ask me... give it a try. Several of my friends now use it, and love love it!
    Anonymous

• some interesting comments here ty
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2010