Christians, today is Holy Saturday...

do you or your church participate in any activities or worship?

what does this day mean to you in relation to your religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• to me personally...its just another Saturday. the church i was raised in never did anything special for today or any other day this week. the focus was always on just Easter Sunday and the resurrection. the church my dad preaches at did have an Easter festival for kids earlier today, but it was more of a community event than a religious one. i like the idea of worshiping everyday this week, its just not something either DH or i were taught to do.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• To me, it's the day I bake Easter bread, and the shapes we make the dough into tell the Easter story. So, we share the Easter story with our children through this bread.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Nope it is just any other day.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

That's an awesome idea! I hope your children enjoy! Peace =)
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 6:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• We spent time together as a family today and my husband is heading out to Mass right now. I would go too but my kids are young and don't do well after their bedtime!
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 7:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• In my Church (and most Catholic Churches) Holy Saturday night is the night where new converts are baptized, confirmed, and welcomed into the Church. We hold an extended Vigil Mass in the evenings - though if you can not attend it then there are Masses Easter Sunday morning as well. For me the vigil Mass holds a special significance because I myself was baptized by full immersion in front of our entire parish three years ago. So as this time is always meant to be a reminder of our baptism at birth, it is especially powerful for me since I can actually recall mine and how it felt to be lead into the fountain.

It is a truly beautiful Mass.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2010