How has having kids changed your life? Do you still have a personal life at all?

Oh how many kids do you have?

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 10:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Good Morning, I have 5 kids 17, 10, 7,4,& 19 months.They are a handful! We won't be having anymore.I go through phases when I seem to have some what of a outside life, but most of the time," NO." I have times that I wish I had more time in a day, or extra energy after the kids go to bed, but it never seems to be that way.After my first 17 years ago & only one child I had more of a life outside being a parent, but today I wouldn't change it for the world.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I have an 8 year old and I do still have a personal life, but I also have split custody with has dad, so that leaves me some time for myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I'm sure there are days that moms miss their "single" days. But nothing compares to the happiness that children bring to your every day life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I love and adore my daughter. I don't regret her at all. I was just wondering at what point do you stop having as much you time, or time to go out with friends, or on dates with your spouse? Is it possible to have it all.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 10:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I have a 2 year old and one on the way and I make time at least once a week to see my friends, sometimes twice a week. We do date night at least once a month out of the house. I think it's all about prioritizing, if it's important to you to have one night a week devoted to friends then you will make time for it. My son is obviously my priority but I need me time too, it keeps me sane and makes me a better mom in the long run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I agree. It is important to make time for things that keep you who you are. Children are your first priority but if you don't take care of yourself then how can you be the best parent.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 11:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• my kids are teens now- so I WOULD have a little bit of social life IF I lived near anyone I knew...unfortunately I havn't been able to make ANY friends in Utah so I still have no social life at all :(
    Before my daughter was born I had a huge social life-was out at least 3 or 4 nights every week. The day she was born it all STOPPED. Like completely stopped. I was able to go out once avery couple months for a night while I lived back in Phx (where a lot of my friends are) when one was 10 ish and the other was 8...(that lasted about a year) but then we moved out of state...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• avery=every...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I have one 10 month old daughter.
    My daughter has changed my life tremendously. Before I got pregnant with her, I was out partying every weekend. I stopped partying when I got pregnant, and after I had her, I have only been out a few times, but only after my daughter is in bed and asleep for the night. I would rather stay at home with her than go out. When I leave the house, I like to take her with me b/c I like being a mom.
    I wouldn't change anything. : )
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I have 2 kids, 1 and 3, and for the most part the answer is no, I don't have a personal life. DH and I get out to a D&D game night occasionally only because my FIL lives with us and doesn't mind watching the kids after they're asleep.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2010