am i the only one??

My son is almost a year old and has never spent the night away from us and has only been watched by family members like my mom,dad,aunt,mil,grandma...i just wanna know if im the only one..

sweet.lil.mama

Asked by sweet.lil.mama at 11:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, I am the same way.
    The only other person besides family who has watched her was her Godmother and Godfather. But other than that, she's 10 months old and has only been with family if she wasn't with me.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I have NEVER let my baby sleep over anyones house, family or not. I don't have allot of family to help out.They are to far away.My fiance's family is usually to buissy, I'll leave that alone.But I am so close to my 19 month old son, he's the last one so I don't mind most of the time, unless I'm losing my mind then it could be up for debate..lol..I have 4 other children as well that are a handful.My fiance's mom watched the babe a couple times, my best friend a couple times & thats been it.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• My son did not spend the night at his grandparents until he was older than one and has still, at two, never been left with anyone but family.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• nope us too actually mine is 19 months and has only been watch by his grandmother 1 time 2 hours and our aunt 3 times and they weren't very long
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• My sons never spent the night away until they were around 7. The older two were never with anyone other than their father or I until they were around 4. The youngest was with a special needs child and had a respite care provider a few hours a week starting when he was 2.5. I never left my babies even with their father until they were toddlers.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• No you are not the only one. I feel fortunate that my daughter was only watched by close family members or me. Because babies repond better to thier parents or close family members and are so used to thier faces and voices, they tend to be smarter. I'm sure you and your other families members talk to you baby all the time and she gets tons of attention which is wonderful!
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• No, you're not the only one. My four year old has never spent the night away from me. My seven year old once stayed at my sister's house overnight, and I was away from him twice when I was in the hospital. I really don't trust anyone to babysit, except for a couple of hours here and there with my parents, like when we went to get our taxes done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Not the only one. My children just spent their first night without at least one parent a couple weeks ago and they are 4.5 and 2.5 years old. They stayed with their aunt and I was there at 8 am to get them ready to go somewhere. The only babysitters have been family and one friend who might as well be family.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• My oldest is 3 and a half years old and she's never been away from me longer than 3 hours andother than me she's only been with my MIL or husband.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• My daughter is 21 months and spends the night at her grandparents' house almost every Friday. They are very close with her. I miss her while she's not here, but it's nice to be able to get things done without distraction or to do NOTHING at all if I feel like it. She has never been watched by anyone but them though.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2010