Did you drink coffee while pregnant? I have heard you shouldn't drink it at all but some doctors say it is ok to have a cup or two.

Maybe sticking with decafe would be better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never really liked coffee, but when I was pregnant, I wanted frozen coffee. I only really had like one a week b/c I knew it wasn't good.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• i had 1 mocha while pregnant and it made me feel so sick i never drank it again while pregnant
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 11:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Sure did for all of them.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I drank coffee while prego. For 2 of them out of 4.If you have major headaches or migranes while prego. they give you cafiene pills to make the headaches less harsh, seriouslly they gave them to me with my 3rd daughter & she is very smart weight was fine she's great.I don't beleive drinking more than 2 cups of coffee a day is healthy for me/ you or the baby.If your Dr. says it's o.k. for you than you should listen to your Dr. If it bothers you to much then you don't have to drink it while prego. Decaf would be best but some of us it doesn't work for.' I realized at the end of my pregnancey I didn't want coffee anymore, probally the last 3 months it made the baby move around way to much..lol..I always shared everything with my Dr.'s and they were a great team.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I did. My doc said a cup a day was all right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Its OK in moderation (about a cup a day) The caffeine does to the baby what it does to you. Speeds up the heart rate, thins the blood, etc. so of course its not GOOD for anybody.
    When I was pregnant, I would treat myself to a half decaf latte every friday. Espresso has less caffeine than regular brewed coffee and I got it 1/2 decaf so I didnt really feel guilty about it. I kind of felt that I was already making so many sacrifices to eat healthy and everything that I deserved a treat once a week.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• The March of Dimes says that coffee is okay as long as it is limited to one 12oz. cup a day...but women that consume 200mg or more a day are twice as likely to miscarry as those that drink no caffine.

If you're going to switch to decaf go with Swiss water processed...just to be safe. The chemicals that are used to decaffinate coffee are pretty hardcore. There's no definitive research one way or the other, but better safe than sorry when there is an acceptable alternative, right?

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• i drank about 2 cups a day and even would have an iced coffee, i told my doc and they were ok with it.. not like it was a pot of coffee and my kids were fine and healthy and still are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I drank coffee before getting pregant and had a few cups after getting pregant. When you are at that stage that you are tired all the time i needed a pick me up. I probably had one to two cups a day. People would look at me as if i had a beer in my hand. lol but my daughter was a health 7lbs 7 oz no complications and a normal delivery
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• yup I drank coffee wtih both my kids. With my son I had one cup of regular a day and the rest wa decaf. With my daughter I started going half Caf, then I would slowly mix more decaf in the regular coffee. So there was a time when I was drinking pretty much just decaf, but I would still have regular coffee sometimes
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2010