Questions about charting?

This is the 2nd month I chart. For those of you who do I wanted to know:
1) what time is the best time to chart? (I was doing it while I got ready for my morning shower, just after waking up)
2) what time of the day and from what CD? to what CD? should I take an OPK? (I did it for at CD7 until CD14 and realized I needed to do it longer :(
3) how can I check my cervical fluid? (I was looking at what it left on my pantyliner? should I get my fingers in there and check?)
Thank you for responding :)

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You need to take your temp before you get out of bed. Yes, you need to get your fingers in there and check.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• what about the OPK?
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Don't know anything about the OPK as I never used them, but you most definitely need to get up in there to check the fluid and cervical position. As for temping you are supposed to take your temp immediately upon waking without moving this means keeping the thermometer in the night table and moving enough to get it and stick it in your mouth. You also need to take your temp within 30 minutes of the same time everyday including weekends. For me that meant setting the alarm and taking my temp at 6:30 am and then rolling over and going back to sleep on the weekends. Good luck Try the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility for more help.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Take your temp as soon as you wake up, before you get out of bed. Make sure your thermometer will hold the temp in its memory; I was using one for a little while and I had about 4 days of 97.7 temps before I realized it didn't have a memory. You don't necessarily have to "get your fingers in there", just wipe before you pee and examine it on the tissue. However, part of the charting is feeling the quality of the fluid. In all 100% honesty, get yourself a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It'll take you through all the whats, whys, hows, and how-tos. It will also give you instructions on how to chart during certain times (like breastfeeding).
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 6:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2010