In Texas, do you often see the big giant ones????

Yep....of course I'm talking about those nasty, big, giant, ugly spiders!!!!! I'm going to be taking a trip to Texas, and I guess I'm just really hoping I won't be seeing any in the house where I'll be staying, haha! I really, really hate spiders! So, do you often see giant spiders in your place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Travel

• It depends where you'll be in Texas... If you go south or west, you should be more concerned with scorpions. If you go north, you should look out for the GINORMOUS cockroaches! When it rains, the ground is hard and dry, so they try to get in people's homes. We get one or two of those 'waterbugs' or Texas cockroaches every now and then that sneak in during a downpour, and boy I tell ya, they will have a showdown with you! You can hit them like 3 times and they just get back up running! I've never really seen any crazy spiders. I'll shut my mouth right now though so I don't jinx myself.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• In Missouri, we have the Brown Recluse. I hate those! We also have Black Widows. I really don't discriminate though, I hate all bugs!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I've been in Texas for the past 3 1/2 years. I have only seen those spiders one time and it was when we were camping out by a huge lake and they were in a tree hanging out on their web (I still just about had a panic attack over them too) I have never had huge ones near or in my house (I should say though I am in central TX)
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:54 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I live in Texas. When I lived in the country on a ranch I did have spiders, but I rarely have them now that I live in town. In the spring you might see tarantulas crossing the highway, but I've never seen those in a house. Texas is a big state too, so it also depends on what part of the state you will be visiting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Sorry! I didn't think to add where I'll be visiting! Haha! I'll be in the Wichita Falls area :-)
    Anonymous

• I have only seen one big spider. Mostly it's just little tiny ones.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 2:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I forgot to mention that I have lived here for 18 years.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 3:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• O i get em in here all the time. I used to get so SCARED. Enough to grab my kids and say f it... that spider can have that place LOL... As of the past year i've become the spider killer in the house. I beat it until theres nothing but pieces left. I think the birth of my baby girl is the reason for my change of heart.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Wow!! Thanks Ladies! I can't wait to see what weird creatures I may encounter during my visit, hahaha!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2010