Breastfeeding Wedges??

I'm trying to find a "wedge" you put underneath your breast during nursing for support--instead of having to hold yourself with your opposite hand. I saw them once in a magazine. Anyone know of a website or even the name of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's called Utterly Yours and it costs $20-$30 depending on size.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You don't need to hold your breast for support while you nurse or need to have wedges.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I nursed my son for 21 months & I really needed the support (using my other hand) I'm 7 months pregnant with #2, wearing a 38E and want to find these wedges so I can have a free hand. I always felt like I was going to fall out especially once when baby was sleepy, even though he had a good latch & suck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You must have big boobs lol. I never needed to hold them up while I bfed. Anyway I never heard of a breastfeeding wedge before. I've got it! I have this nursing bra that has support all the around and you just unhook a little snap that connects where the strap and cup meet and than you pull down the flap and just the area around the nipple is not supported. I don't know if that helps any but I tried. Good luck.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You should never hold your breast while BF because that would be you taking your breast to the baby and you should always bring the baby to your breast instead or you'll get a back ache. You need to support the baby instead of your breast and I highly recommend the Boppy. I had a generic Boppy that was awful. I gave it to charity and bought a real Boppy and love it. I'm using it with my 3rd baby now.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I just saw your 2nd comment and just wanted to add that I'm a 34H when my milk comes in and the Boppy is all I needed.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You could just roll up a small hand towel or wash cloth under your breasts if it is uncomfortable. I wouldn't spend money on it, and I doubt you'll need it forever, but it's a cheap solution, and you'll see if it makes a difference.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• The Boppy didn't work for me. It pushed him so high up into my chest. I used pillows & a towel doesn't work.
    Anonymous