What can i do my 5 month old has a cold?

he has a fever and a cough and not felling will what can i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• 1call the doc if the fever wont break. you can use a vaporizor, baby vicks chest rub, but any meds and such you have to call the doc to get dosing info. a cough isnt going to go away on its own. good luck hope he feels better.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Go to the dr. I thought my baby had a cold too. I took her to the dr and it turned out that she had RSV and her blood oxygen level was dropping into the 70's. She was hospitalized right away. She didn't seem that sick to me at all. When a baby has a cough, you need to take them to the dr.

Also, never use vick's vapor rub on a child under the age of 2 years old, per my pediatrician's recommendation. He says vick's baby rub will be taken off of the market soon.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I bathed my baby to keep the fever down, or use a cool cloth on the baby n keep clothes to a minimum (ex; a onesie n a light blanket) To ease the cough I would sit in the bathroom with DS n let the shower run on hot for 5minutes. N i would hold the vicks vapo rub close enough for him to breathe it in. But if your babys fever doesnt break n if the cough worsens then time to call good ole Doc! Hope your Angel feels better soon <3
    dracosmommy

Answer by dracosmommy at 1:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I agree with Bearsjen ,on this one,:)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Best thing is to take him to the Ped.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2010