I'm 35 weeks pregnant and 1cm dialated, for the past 4 days and nights ive been having these cramps and really bad back pain am i in early labor?

MamaXTina19

Asked by MamaXTina19 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well you aren't in active labor at least, the pain in your back is probably from the strain constantly carrying around that extra weight and the presure of the baby moving lower in the birth canal. I wouldn't worry about being a little dialated, I was 3cm dialted for 3 weeks and my baby still was a week late.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Sure, why not.

How about you call your dr instead of asking a bunch of random women on the internet.
    Anonymous

• It's possible you are in labor so you may want to call your health care provider. I had preterm labor at 33 weeks with my second son and horrible back pain and cramping were my only symptoms. By the time I went in to be checked I was already dilated almost 4 cm....so I ended up having to have mag sulfate and spent 2 weeks in the hospital. Better safe than sorry.
    Rlambert6002

Answer by Rlambert6002 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• You're most likely dealing with prodromal labor. Real contractions that can go on for weeks. It's basically your uterus going through fitness training so it's ready for the real thing. As far as your dialation, it doesn't matter. Women can be dialated 1-4cm for weeks with their care providors saying that they'll go anytime now, whereas others are tightly closed hours before they go into labor. Drink some water, walk around, and relax. Everything's going to be just fine.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 5:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2010