has anyone ever had a rupture membrane and what did they do h whole tme on bed rest i need some suggestions. I dont want to nuts in the hospital while on bed rest for the next 5 weeks. Thank you for all of your responses.

mocaprincess

Asked by mocaprincess at 12:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You have to be in the hospital for 5 weeks??? Maybe teach yourself how to knit or croshay (yeah, not sure how to spell that!), People magazines. Watch all 10 seasons of something on hulu. Wow....I'm really sorry mama! Hope everything goes well!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Thank you. I will have to get my husband to bring in my craft bag so i can knit something for my lil girl. But 5 weeks is gonna be a long time away from my 3 year son. I miss him already and he can only come up twice a week. So thank you for the adviseits a girltoddler boy

mocaprincess

Answer by mocaprincess at 1:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I had a leak at 18 weeks with one of mine, but not a full rupture....it sealed back on it's own after 2 weeks of bedrest. You'll def want to do as the pp said and keep things around to keep yourself occupied. All of it really gets old after a while to be honest...hope the next 5 go quick for you!
    Rlambert6002

Answer by Rlambert6002 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Mine fully ruptured at 36 weeks and they induced and delivered then and there. So, I never went on bed rest because I basically lost all my fluid- I mean it was gushing.

Start a book series. I loved the number series by Janet Evanovich. You can get them for cheap used on Amazon.

Do crosswords. Do Sudoku. You can get books of them at the Dollar Store.
    Anonymous

• Does the hospital have the ability to "loan" you a dvd player, or does anyone have a portable one...you can catch up on movies. Make friends with the nurses. Write letters (and shock people you send them to!) Talk on the phone. If you have a laptop and an internet connection, you can talk to us every day. You can sleep a lot, because you know you won't sleep a lot afterwards.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2010